The Southeast Nebraska Tourism Council is committed to promoting and developing regional tourism in Southeast Nebraska through a strong presence in print, on the Internet, and at trade shows. SENTC’s goal is to attract more tourists to the southeast region of Nebraska, lengthen their stay, and increase their spending. Your support through partnership with the organization makes everything we do possible. Our members are the foundation of our success, and all of us working together to build our region into a tourism destination will not only benefit our generation but generations to come. To accomplish this, we need your help.
Carolyn Gigstad SENTC President (pictured)
Cass, Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Johnson, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, Richardson, Saline, Sarpy, and Thayer counties.
Officers and County Representatives
A list of the SENTC officers and county representatives appears below.
SENTC’s regional marketing benefits all of Southeast Nebraska. For direct benefits at each Partner Level, download Benefits at a Glance (coming soon).
2017 SENTC Members
Brownville Fine Arts Association ~ 1421 17th St, Auburn, NE ~ 402-274-4146
Special exhibitions focus on visual artists of the region and are dovetailed with lectures, workshops, and artist receptions. Rotations of displays May through October.
Deer Creek Sodbusters ~ 72973 610 Ave, Sterling, NE 68443 ~ 402-239-2307
Deer Creek Sodbusters, Inc, is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit corporation dedicated to the preservation of the agricultural heritage of Southeast Nebraska. Our antique machinery show is held annually at our show grounds at 72927 610 Ave, 4-1/2 miles south of Sterling. This year’s show will be on August 13.
SchillingBridge Winery and Microbrewery ~ 62193 710 Road, Pawnee City, NE 68420 ~ 402-852-2400
Syracuse Chamber of Commerce ~ P.O. Box J, Syracuse, NE ~ 402-525-5131
Welcome to Syracuse, Nebraska! Located in Otoe County, the Syracuse Area Chamber of Commerce is here to promote the businesses of our area. Home of GermanFest, we celebrate this event the 2nd weekend of July. It is a day-long celebration of our German heritage that includes a parade, “veiner” dog races, ribfest, and street dance. Join us in the fun!
Arbor Manor Steakhouse & Motel ~ 1617 Central Avenue ~ Auburn, NE 68305 ~ 402-274-3774
St. Anthony’s Convent House Bed and Breakfast ~ 311 Hickory Street, Steinauer, NE 68441 ~ 402-869-2230
Thayer County Museum – Thayer County Historical Society ~ 110 9th Street, Belvidere, NE 68315 ~ 402-768-2147
Vision Inn Motel ~ 2621 Harlan Street, Falls City, NE 68355 ~ 402-245-2459
$25 Individual Members
Gerald & Kathy Hopp
Officers & County Representatives
Cass County Representative
Johnson County Representative
Richardson County Representative
Fillmore County Representative
Nemaha County Representative
Saline County Representative
Gage County Representative
Otoe County Representative
Sarpy County Representative
Jefferson County Representative
Pawnee County Representative
Thayer County Representative
- Regional Marketing: 95% of SENTC’s budget is earmarked for marketing the region.
- SENTC Visitor’s Guide: 35,000 printed copies are distributed along I-80 in Nebraska, I-29 in the St. Joseph, MO, area, and on I-70 in Kansas.
- Top Ranking: The SENTC website is at the top of Google’s search results when you type in “Southeast Nebraska.”
- Exposure: Our website will ensure your business has greater exposure throughout the region and the world.
- Trade Shows: Our presence at trade shows allows us to personally educate and invite tourists to our region.
- Internet Visibility: Members’ attractions, services, events, and communities can be accessed from the SENTC website.
- Referrals: SENTC partners have the opportunity to build relationships that help cross-sell attractions and businesses in the region.
- Networking: SENTC partners share ideas and innovative approaches for marketing events, attractions, and businesses by attending monthly meetings