Southeast Nebraska is beautiful in any season, but spring brings something special. All it takes is a walk or drive through the area to see evidence of that claim. You’re bound to spot plenty of photo-worthy scenery, much of it created when nature serves as a backdrop to gorgeous architecture. Nature, of course, creates stunning vistas on its own too.
If scenery isn’t your thing, community events might give you a reason to venture out. Our communities are offering everything from garage sales to art shows to runs/walks this month. There’s even a Bloody Mary Championship on the calendar. Check out this lineup for the last couple of weeks in April:
Events April 22-30, 2017
April 22, 2017
- Fairbury hosts its Citywide Garage Sales plus an Indoor Garage Sale. Call 402-300-7146 for information.
- Also in Fairbury: the Put Your Food Down Against Sexual Assault 10K Run or 2-Mile-Run/Walk. Call 402-729-2570 for details.
April 24, 2017
- From 9am to 3pm, from April 24 through April 29, is the Power of the Wind Art Show. The event is co-sponsored by the Kregel Windmill Factory Museum and the University of Nebraska. The show takes place at the Lincoln Kimmel Education and Research Center in Nebraska City. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2o4EGOX
April 29, 2017
- Head to Indian Cave State Park on April 29 for their Outdoor Adventure. Participate in a mushroom hunting contest, put on your running shoes for the one-mile or five-kilometer run (register at http://bit.ly/2mPVYPa before April 22), hop aboard a hayrack ride, and enjoy the fish fry. More information is available by calling 402-883-2575.
- On April 29 and 30, the annual Arbor Day Celebration takes place in Nebraska City. Attractions include a parade, tree planting, exhibitors, awards banquets, and other events. Learn more at http://bit.ly/2o4s0aO
April 30, 2017